With summer's end almost upon us, we're simultaneously fighting to get our last moments of sun bathing in bikinis in while also looking forward to the newness of fall. Crisp air, changing leaves, and best of all, fall fashion! In honor of that impending transition, we're dedicating this Travel Shot Tuesday to a gorgeous cold weather shot, taken in Zermatt, Switzerland. We have to admit, we can't wait to hit the slopes again once the snow comes back!
With winter still in full swing we've got island vacations on the brain, and with that in mind we want to share what we bring in our carry-on when we're beach bound.
1. Moisturizing Face Mask and Lip Balm
- What better time to sit back and give your skin some r&r than when you're on the plane? We love bring sample packets of face masks to moisturize on the plane. Sheet masks are ideal for in-flight pampering without any messiness. We like SK-II's Facial Treatment Mask
. We also need lots of extra moisture for our lips when we fly, and for that we love By Terry's Baume de Rose
. It is super silky and moisturizing without being sticky. In other words, the perfect lip balm! Other moisturizing favorites are Avene Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water
and Korres Travel Sunscreen Face Cream Watermelon SPF 30
2.Make-Up Removing Towelettes -
Before you let your mask get to work, be sure to take off any makeup. We love Neutrogena's Night Calming Make-Up Removing Towelettes
. They get all your make-up off, even tough mascara! And they have a soothing lavender and camomile scent, perfect for those of us with any airplane anxiety.
3. Mini Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- After hours on a plane it's always nice to brush your teeth before you land. That way your smile will be ready for photos when you arrive!
- A travel must for flights with screaming babies.
5. Cashmere Sweater or Shawl
- This will be sure to keep you warm on the plane, a must to make sure you don't get sick! Ours is from Club Monaco.
6. Nomaterra Travel Spray or Travel Wipes
: Miami or East Hampton are fantastic for island destinations, and both will be a breeze to get through security!
7. Moleskine notebook and pen
- The perfect travel companion; Write out your travel itinerary, do some journaling, or start the great American novel on your flight or on the beach!
- an alternative to a sleep mask, and useful once you get to your sunny destination, too! Pick a pair with opaque lenses to keep out the glare from airplane windows and prevent other travelers from interrupting your beauty rest.
9. Change of Clothes
- In case the airline loses your bag. Be sure to toss a bikini and a pair of sandals in, too! We're big fans of Sam Edelman's sandals.
- There used to be a time when we would pick up at least three of our favorite magazines before any flight, but now we make sure to get them all downloaded and ready to go on our tablets before any flight.
And leave your watch behind, you're on island time now! What are you must haves for you carry-on?